A spicy and aromatic curry which is delicious and easy to make. You can substitute the tofu with chicken or seafood if you prefer. We find pre-frying the fresh tofu adds a little more flavour and we do this in a dry non-stick pan until the tofu pieces are nicely browned.
- Tofu, chicken or seafood
- Vegetables (we use carrot, green beans, mange tout baby sweetcorn, red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower and baby eggplant)
- Fresh Thai/regular basil (for garnish)
- 2 dessertspoons of green curry paste** (we like it spicy, so reduce curry paste if you don’t like it too spicy)
- Can of coconut cream/milk (we add a splash of milk as well to dilute the coconut cream a little)
1. Heat coconut cream/milk in pan and add the green curry paste. Stir and make sure the curry paste is dissolved fully. If using chicken, add now and cook for 15 minutes on a low, simmering heat.
2. Add the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes on a low, simmering heat, the vegetables shouldn’t be too soft.
3. If using seafood you add now and simmer until cooked. If using tofu, because you have pre-fried it, it only needs warming through.
4. Add the Thai/regular basil and stir through the curry.
5. Serve in individual bowls, add a little more Thai/regular basil to the top to garnish and eat with your perfect Zojirushi fluffy rice!
**Regarding the green curry paste. You can either use shop bought curry paste from your local Asian supermarket (we find Mae Plot or Panthai brands are excellent) or make your own. If you want to make your own, here is one recipe we found which may help but there are plenty of others out there.